Miss Mermaid Singapore Pageant
Hi readers! I'm back again. It's mid semptember already, how time flies. It's been one year since I joined Miss Scuba Singapore and I really love and miss the water. I'm a beach person, and I really love the sun and sea. So after joining Miss Scuba, there was like a heresay that there is going to be a mermaid pageant in town. At that time I was like, how is that going to be possible because it just takes too much resources to organize a mermaid pageant.
Who doesn't love this kind of life? Carefree and happy. Also, at that point of time, there was also a hit on a mermaid school formed, and that you have to pay almost $100/h to learn how to swim like a mermaid, which is crazy. Everyone can be a mermaid if they want to, no matter your size, your height, or how thick your wallet is.
Just wish I can live at somewhere like this in the future <3
A shoot I saw sometime back of a little girl dressed as Ariel. How cute.
Don't you want to be a mermaid in the sea? So carefree of all life troubles of being a human being.
Just that sea creatures always get caught and hunted, get to live in polluted waters and get hunted by their predators. Like how seals get hunted by sharks.
Just wanna be a mermaid living my life in the SEA aquarium. Damnn.
It looks easy and carefree, but actually the tail in pretty heavy depending on the size and having to bind your legs together.
This life being a mermaid. Haha, it's just like human beings are so creative that you can be anything you wanna be.
Swimming with the dugongs, the sea turtles, the marine life.
And then you see the movies about mermaids, it just gets so inspiring.
So I saw this mermaid pageant as a sponsored post on Facebook before my school started in June, and I was thinking, why not join it since my gym had already ended and I needed some sort of fitness training to keep my figure. To be a mermaid, you have to have great core muscles which means you have to do squats and weight-lifting often.
I didn't really do anything though haha, but I did learn how to dive on my own cos being a student is just too budget. I can't possibly hire a swimming instructor to coach me on how to be a mermaid queen. Well, unless I win the title. Which is like really requiring you to dive in the deep sea, but that gives me anxiety cos I can't really swim and breathe long underwater and it scared me when I can't touch the floor. Unless there's a hot lifeguard 24/7 on standby to save me if I really drown.
So a tip to diving is to cross finger your hands and point it downwards towards the floor and you'll naturally reach the floor. It took me quite a while to master it but it was really a breakthrough. Previously I can't even dive cos I keep floating up and there wasn't anybody to teach me how to swim or dive properly.
So chilling my day at Village Hotel Changi.
And we look like caterpies. Land mermaids.
Really love the pool here.
On the actual day of coronation night.
I really learnt a lot on how to organize an event, hiring an emcee and stuff and seeing all the backstage work, it's really not easy. So a big thank you and congratulations to Eplanet for officially organizing the first mermaid pageant in Singapore! It was a success.
To be honest, I have joined quite many pageants before but always I was either sticking to my friend who joined the pageant together or just like totally skipping the pageant commitments due to boyfriend reasons. And I didn't buy any tables nor advertisements, so I thought I didn't have any chance of winning anything.
On the final day, we went for the rehearsal. They were saying that there were more prizes than mermaids. But I knew from my experience that it is possible that some candidates can have 3-4 prizes, and some none. I was expecting none, but secretly wishing If I could get a little one I would be happy already.
So I won the best street style. It's obviously my dressing is kind of AA but I just anyhow picked a romper before leaving my house and haha, unexpected. Because sometimes everything just depends on the organizer or whether if everything was pre-fixed based on sales or attendance, I really don't know. But it was quite an inspiring adrenaline rush and confidence-booster for me like when you won a subtitle, you just want to win more.
With all the contestants.
I was basically really bored and talking to everybody.
Like every pageant has its politics, I just don't wanna get shoot by any arrows like similarly in a flower joint setting. I'm just always in my little own world and even if I kena shot by the arrow I also don't know how I die. But enjoying the process since its ending and trying to make more friends is even better. Maybe its bcos I didn't see myself winning the title so nobody really sees me as a threat haha.
Another virgo friend.
All the mermaids.
And guess what, I won miss congeniality. I don't know how they selected me haha but I was quite shocked at the title bcos I am so bad at PR that everybody always hates me. So if it's voted by the contestants I would be really touched because I didn't expect that and it's just so hard for me to fake being friendly just for a title.
And that's the end of the mermaid pageant. Congrats to the winner to be going to Egypt, I guess it'll be awesome and fun. But still, i'll never stop diving and improving myself.
The next pageant i'm going to join is fhm, turf belles, or any interesting ones.
And when i'm really good at committing, PR, emcee, talent, and sales only then will I join Miss sg universe. So bye for now, no more pageants for me, i'm not really into politics, but for now it's time to earn more money and really look into the future. Graduating in 6 months time, and it's just so stressful, no more model life for me. Gonna be normal for once and try to fit in. Tada~
Ending this post with my new favourite song. 美人魚
And when i'm really good at committing, PR, emcee, talent, and sales only then will I join Miss sg universe. So bye for now, no more pageants for me, i'm not really into politics, but for now it's time to earn more money and really look into the future. Graduating in 6 months time, and it's just so stressful, no more model life for me. Gonna be normal for once and try to fit in. Tada~
Ending this post with my new favourite song. 美人魚




































