Banobagi Plastic Surgery (1 Month Post Op)
So, one month passed like a breeze...
One month ago, 7 of July, 10am, I walked into Banobagi clinic alone in Korea, determined to change my life. Being scared and fearful about my operation, but still decided to proceed with everything. When i woke up, I felt terribly uncomfortable and different in the sense that there were changes made to my body. Fat grafting was injected into my forehead and still swelling, bruises on my butt due to fat removal from fat grafting, gauze in my nostrils, and my cheekbone feeling numb. But i didn't feel any pain at all despite all that.
All these still feel like a dream, but after everything I still want to say that I did not regret my decision in changing my face, in changing my fate. Many people would feel that plastic surgery is still a taboo, and it's weird if you go around declaring to people what you have done, they'll keep asking you questions which is really annoying. How much is the surgery? Which part of your face did you do? Which clinic? Which doctor? Is it painful? (The most commonly asked question - NO. What is anesthetic for, my child.)
And then I would just say, can you just go and read my blog because it's so annoying when people start to ask the same questions over and over again, and they don't actually do it, instead they talk about you having plastic surgery because they are interested in doing it themselves.
But I feel that this surgery is sort of a rebirth for me, and a boost of confidence psychologically for me. I feel much happier now and I feel like I should cherish myself and love myself even much more after putting myself through all of this.
To be honest, when people ask me which part of my face did I do, I would just say all, because it's just too many procedures to say. Honestly I did jaw surgery 5 years ago. And now, cheekbone reduction, nose, forehead grafting, anywhere you could basically change your features on your face, I did it. And braces as well. But I wouldn't be afraid of people criticizing me being "fake" or "plastic" because I don't think I'm ugly at all in the past before everything that I do. And even if i'm ugly, I would still think that I'm prettier within, as well as on the outer, than those who that say I'm "plastic". But sometimes, you can't really control other people's views on you.
There are shallow haters who would take your plastic surgery as a topic to gain views as well, associating all those who undergo plastic surgery to be dumb and superficial. But then, I see plastic surgery as a way of improving and upgrading myself. And of course, it's equally important to upgrade basic skills and knowledge besides just appearances, and I'm trying to improve myself every single day. But it's really hilarious when these people feel that plastic surgery would be a weakness to hurt me, or to put me down, because I honestly don't think that it's anything to be ashamed of, and anyone who have done plastic surgery should not be either. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself because life is a continuous journey of discovery and improving yourself, winning yourself. And it's really cute because why would I be ashamed of doing plastic surgery when I have already embraced myself and my past by sharing my story to the whole world?
Still, there are also nice people in this world as well who tells me that I'm very brave to share and be so open about plastic surgery. For that, thank you all the nice people :)
Still, there are also nice people in this world as well who tells me that I'm very brave to share and be so open about plastic surgery. For that, thank you all the nice people :)
2 weeks post op (still in korea) when I'm still having bruises.
I went for Banobagi's dermatology treatment and facial which helped me faster in the deswelling process also.
3rd week post op (Back in Singapore)
First time putting make-up, still very swollen. Still having numbness in my whole cheek and nose area.
I really love how much youthful I look now.
And here's a picture of me in short hair.
Side view of my nose.
4th week of post op. Decided to go back to work even still a little swollen.
Bridal show.
So how do I feel after plastic surgery?
Seriously, I feel that in the past I was just an average-looking girl, no guys or anyone would take an extra look or pay attention to me. But after I did this surgery, even when I go to repair my phone, the customer service centre staff who is a girl keep complimenting on my looks non-stop.
Seriously, I feel that in the past I was just an average-looking girl, no guys or anyone would take an extra look or pay attention to me. But after I did this surgery, even when I go to repair my phone, the customer service centre staff who is a girl keep complimenting on my looks non-stop.
As well when I go for jobs, the make-up artist kept saying I look like a certain celebrity. And when I went for jobs, there was this caucasian lady boss of the club, she said "Wow, where did you get such a beautiful girl like this (referring to me), we should get more girls like this."
And there was a korean guy who approached me and kept talking to me even though I kept ignoring him and playing with my phone. (haha, very rude) Well, I'd leave it up for you to judge whether my surgery is a success or not since everyone have a different view to beauty.
To me, I feel that I look a bit different, and I cannot really get used to my looks. Yes, I still prefer the old me, and I would probably take some time to get used to my new looks.
People who are closer to me all say that they feel like they're talking to a different person now, and they feel like they don't know me anymore. (hurtful I guess) But I mean, that's the point of plastic surgery because I want a new life and new start. If plastic surgery doesn't make you look different, then what's the point of going for it right.
People who are closer to me all say that they feel like they're talking to a different person now, and they feel like they don't know me anymore. (hurtful I guess) But I mean, that's the point of plastic surgery because I want a new life and new start. If plastic surgery doesn't make you look different, then what's the point of going for it right.
People who are not as close to me, they just feel that my face has became fatter (because I'm still swelling) but they couldn't tell that I had any plastic surgery done at all.
Being able to pull off any look already. Especially with this hairdo, I no longer have forehead lines on my head.
Minimal make-up
And then, I went for a new makeover hair treatment today, to ash grey.
Do you still recognize me?
Side view.
Common questions that people ask.
Q: Are you able to dig your nose after surgery?
A: Digging your nose is not advised as it will enlarge the nostrils in the long-term. You can use your pinkie finger, but it's best to use a earbud to clean your nose, and that's the way you should clean your nose for life.
Q: Can you do the pig nose?
A: No, one month post op but I'm still unable to do the pig nose, the tip of my nose is still hard, but hopefully it will soften after a few months as surgery results will be best seen after 6 months.
Q: Will you still do more surgeries in future?
A: I will probably do eyelid surgery or lifting, fat grafting and just minimal botox and fillers, and no more shaving of bone, but probably no more plastic surgery for the next 5 years because I don't want people who love me to worry for me just because I want to be pretty, that would be very selfish. But seriously, undergoing this makes me know who really cares about me.
And this is an old photo of me just before the surgery, with all my triple layer of eyebags, my triple layers of forehead wrinkles. It's just amazing how a surgery within one month can change my life so much, and it's just so amazing how forward the medical technology of these days are.
I've changed the blog layout of my blog so it'll be easier to browse through my old posts, if you have any questions about the procedures that I went through, you can click here to ask a question. I'll try my best to answer them, be it my recovery process or emotional stages of recovery.
But if you have more indept and medical surgery questions, please head over to Banobagi English to email them for a more professional and accurate answer. Once again, thank you very much to Banobagi English for giving me a complete new transformation to my life. I'm still recovering and trying to present the best of myself to you guys every now and then.



































